For this hearing, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), the Senate Sergeant at Arms, and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members,witnesses, staff, and the public. This includes maintaining six-foot social distance spacing in the hearing room.
Accordingly, press seating is limited. All media must RSVP to your respective gallery to reserve a seat, and only Hill-credentialed media will be permitted to attend.
Per CDC guidelines, press should wear a mask. Masks and other PPE, as well as sanitation supplies, will be available at the entrance to the hearing room.
Pursuant to guidance from the CDC and OAP, Senate office buildings are currently not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, other in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
1. S. 1169, Strategic Competition Act of 2021
2. S. 413, A bill to establish the China Censorship Monitor and Action Group, and for other purposes
3. S. 814, Ukraine Security Partnership Act of 2021, with an amendment in the nature of a substitute
4. The Honorable Victoria Nuland, of Virginia, to be an Under Secretary of State (Political Affairs)
5. Ms. Uzra Zeya, of Virginia, to be an Under Secretary of State (Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights