Extradition Agreement with the European Union : 109-14
Agreement on Extradition between the United States of America and the European Union (EU), signed on June 25, 2003 at Washington, together with twenty-two bilateral instruments which subsequently were signed between the United States and each European Union Member State in order to implement the Agreement with the EU. The Agreement includes an explanatory note which is an integral part of the Agreement.
- Floor Action: September 28, 2006 - Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations by unanimous consent to remove the injunction of secrecy.
- Committee Action: July 29, 2008 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
- Floor Action: September 11, 2008 - Reported by Senator Dodd, Committee on Foreign Relations with printed Ex. Rept.110-12 and a resolution of advice and consent to ratification with (23 resolutions of ratification) 1 condition and 23 declarations--1 per treaty. Executive Calendar No. 12.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Considered by Senate. By Unanimous Consent.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Treaty moved through its parliamentary stages up to and including presentation of the resolution of advice and consent to ratification.
Approved: September 23, 2008 - Resolution of advice and consent to ratification agreed to in Senate by Division Vote.
|09/28/06||Treaty Doc. 109-14: Extradition Agreement with the European Union [86.03 MB]|
|09/11/08||Executive Report 110-12: Extradition Treaties with the European Union [241.8 KB]|