For this hearing, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), the Senate Sergeant at Arms, and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members,witnesses, staff, and the public. This includes maintaining six-foot social distance spacing in the hearing room.
Accordingly, press seating is limited. All media must RSVP to your respective gallery to reserve a seat, and only Hill-credentialed media will be permitted to attend.
Per CDC guidelines, press should wear a mask. Masks and other PPE, as well as sanitation supplies, will be available at the entrance to the hearing room.
Pursuant to guidance from the CDC and OAP, Senate office buildings are currently not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, other in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
1. S. 2297, International Pandemic Preparedness and COVID-19 Response Act
2. S. 812, A bill to direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to regain observer status for Taiwan in the World Health Organization, and for other purposes
3. S. Res. 310, Expressing solidarity with Cuban citizens demonstrating peacefully for fundamental freedoms, condemning the Cuban regime’s acts of repression, and calling for the immediate release of arbitrarily detained Cuban citizens
4. The Honorable Gentry O. Smith, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Diplomatic Security)
5. Ms. Monica P. Medina, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs)
6. The Honorable Rena Bitter, of the District of Columbia, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Consular Affairs)
7. Mr. Marc Evans Knapper, of California, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
8. The Honorable Brian Nichols, of Rhode Island, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Western Hemisphere Affairs)
9. Dr. Karen Donfried, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (European Affairs and Eurasian Affairs)
10. The Honorable Mary Catherine Phee, of Illinois, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (African Affairs), a Member of the Board of Directors of the African Development Foundation, and a Member of the Board of Directors of the African Development Foundation
11. Ms. Anne A. Witkowsky, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Conflict and Stabilization Operations), and to be Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization
12. Jeanne Frances Bailey, et al., dated April 13, 2021 (PN 359)
13. Russell Anthony Duncan, et al., dated April 27 2021 (PN 477)
14. Marc Clayton Gilkey, dated April 27, 2021 (PN 478)
15. Gabriel J. Allison, et al., dated June 22, 2021 (PN 724)
16. Wade C. Martin, et al., dated June 22, 2021 (PN 727)