- Last Action: - Extradition Treaty with Romania and Protocol to the Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance
Extradition Treaty between the United States of America and Romania (the "Extradition Treaty" or the "Treaty") and the Protocol to the Treaty between the United States of America and Romania on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters (the "Protocol"), both signed at Bucharest on September 10, 2007.
- Floor Action: January 22, 2008 - Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations by unanimous consent removing the injunction of secrecy.
- Committee Action: July 29, 2008 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
- Floor Action: September 11, 2008 - Reported by Senator Dodd, Committee on Foreign Relations with printed Ex. Rept.110-12 and a resolution of advice and consent to ratification with 1 declaration; and S. Ex. Rept. 110-13 with a resolution of ratification with 1 declaration. Executive Calendar No. 17.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Considered by Senate. By Unanimous Consent.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Treaty moved through its parliamentary stages up to and including presentation of the resolution of advice and consent to ratification.
Approved: September 23, 2008 - Resolution of advice and consent to ratification agreed to in Senate by Division Vote.