Mutual Legal Assistance Agreement with the European Union : 109-13
Mutual Legal Assistance between the United States of America and the European Union (EU), signed on June 25, 2003, at Washington, together with 25 bilateral instruments that subsequently were signed between the United States and each European Union Member State in order to implement the Agreement with the EU, and an explanatory note that is an integral part of the Agreement.
- Floor Action: September 28, 2006 - Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations by unanimous consent removing the injunction of secrecy.
- Committee Action: July 29, 2008 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
- Floor Action: September 11, 2008 - Reported by Senator Dodd, Committee on Foreign Relations with printed Ex. Rept.110-13 and a resolution of advice and consent to ratification with (26 resolutions of ratification) 1 declaration per treaty. Executive Calendar No. 33.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Considered by Senate. By Unanimous Consent.
- Floor Action: September 23, 2008 - Treaty moved through its parliamentary stages up to and including presentation of the resolution of advice and consent to ratification.
Approved: September 23, 2008 - Resolution of advice and consent to ratification agreed to in Senate by Division Vote.
|09/28/06||Treaty Doc. 109-13: Mutual Legal Assistance Agreement with the European Union [131.98 MB]|
|09/11/08||Executive Report 110-13: Mutual Legal Assistance Agreement with the European Union [167.3 KB]|