An internship with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee offers an exciting opportunity for college students, graduate students or recent graduates to gain first-hand experience working on issues of foreign policy and to learn about the legislative process. The position requires excellent writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Intern responsibilities range from attending meetings on and off the Hill to drafting memos, tracking legislation and conducting research projects.
Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Chairman
We will give precedence to students who are from Tennessee or are enrolled in a Tennessee college or university, and who are rising sophomores or above. Interns will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and reliability. Interns will be responsible for their own housing arrangements, food and transportation.
To apply for an internship in the majority office, please complete the application and return it with a copy of your resume to Senator Corker’s office by the deadlines noted below and on the application. You may send a completed application by mail, fax to 202-228-0566, or email to email@example.com.
2015 Application Deadlines:
- Spring Session (January 26 – May 8) * applications due October 31, 2014
- Summer Session One (May 11 - June 19) * applications due January 30, 2015
- Summer Session Two (June 22 - July 31) * applications due January 30, 2015
- Fall Session (September 7 - December 4) * applications due July 10, 2015
Senator Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Ranking Member
To apply for an internship with the minority office, please complete an application and return it with a copy of your resume, a cover letter, a writing sample, and a list of three (non-family member) references. Please either mail your materials or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject “SFRC Internship Application”).
2014 Application Deadlines:
- Summer Session One* applications due April 1, 2014
- Summer Session Two* applications due May 1, 2014
- Fall Semester applications due August 1, 2014
- Spring Semester 2015 applications due November 15, 2014
*Note: Summer Session One: May 27, 2014 to July 3, 2014; Summer Session Two: July 7, 2014 to August 15, 2014