An internship with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee offers an exciting opportunity for college students, graduate students or recent graduates to gain first-hand experience working on issues of foreign policy and to learn about the legislative process. The position requires excellent writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Intern responsibilities range from attending meetings on and off the Hill to drafting memos, tracking legislation and conducting research projects.
Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Chairman
We will give precedence to students who are from Tennessee or are enrolled in a Tennessee college or university, and who are rising sophomores or above. Interns will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and reliability. Interns will be responsible for their own housing arrangements, food and transportation.
To apply for an internship in the majority office, please complete the application and return it with a copy of your resume to Senator Corker’s office by the deadlines noted below and on the application. You may send a completed application by mail, fax to 202-228-0566, or email to email@example.com.
2015 Application Deadlines:
- Spring Session (January 26 – May 8) * applications due October 31, 2014
- Summer Session One (May 11 - June 19) * applications due January 30, 2015
- Summer Session Two (June 22 - July 31) * applications due January 30, 2015
- Fall Session (September 7 - December 4) * applications due July 10, 2015
Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), Ranking Member
To apply for an internship with the minority office, please read the information below and then fill out an application.
- There are four different internship opportunities throughout the year:
- Fall session is from August to December
- Spring session is from January to May
- There are two summer sessions (you can apply for either or both sessions):
- Summer session one: May to June
- Summer session two: July to August
- Internship application deadlines:
- 2015 Fall Session: August 1
- 2015 Spring Session: November 15
- 2015 Summer Sessions: April 1
- Applicants from New Jersey will be prioritized.
- You should complete and submit your online application in one sitting. (Your responses will be saved once you click “send,” therefore you may want to draft answers in a separate document before beginning your online application.)
- All internships are unpaid.
- If you are looking to apply for an internship in Senator Menendez’s personal office, please visit this page to fill out an application.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.