- Last Action: - 1996 Protocol to Convention on Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes
1996 Protocol to the Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes and Other Matter (the "London Convention"), done in London on November 7, 1996. The Protocol was signed by the United States on March 31, 1998, and entered into force on March 24, 2006.
- Floor Action: September 04, 2007 - Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations pursuant to unanimous consent agreement removing the injunction of secrecy.
- Committee Action: July 10, 2008 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Hearings held.
- Floor Action: September 11, 2008 - Reported by Senator Dodd, Committee on Foreign Relations with printed Ex. Rept.110-21 and a resolution of advice and consent to ratification with 1 understanding and 2 declarations. Executive Calendar No. 26.
- Floor Action: January 02, 2009 - No further action at sine die adjournment of the 110th Congress; automatically rereferred to the Committee on Foreign Relations under the provisions of Rule XXX, section 2, of the Standing Rules of the Senate.