- Last Action: - Protocol Amending Tax Convention with Germany
Protocol Amending the Convention Between the United States of America and the Federal Republic of Germany for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Taxes on Income and Capital and to Certain Other Taxes, Signed on August 29, 1989, signed at Berlin June 1, 2006 (the "Protocol"), along with a related Joint Declaration.
- Floor Action: September 29, 2006 - Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
- Floor Action: May 24, 2007 - By unanimous consent agreement, Star Print treaty to include exchange of notes correcting original treaty pursuant to EC 110-2046 .
- Floor Action: May 24, 2007 - Star Print ordered on May 24, 2007 pursuant to letter transmitted from Department of State in EC 110-2046.
- Committee Action: July 17, 2007 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Hearings held. Hearings printed: S.Hrg. 110-305.
- Committee Action: October 31, 2007 - Committee on Foreign Relations. Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
- Floor Action: November 14, 2007 - Reported by Senator Biden, Committee on Foreign Relations with printed Ex. Rept.110-5 and a resolution of advice and consent to ratification. Executive Calendar No. 5.
- Floor Action: December 14, 2007 - Considered by Senate.
- Floor Action: December 14, 2007 - Treaty moved through its parliamentary stages up to and including presentation of the resolution of advice and consent to ratification.
Approved: December 14, 2007 - Resolution of advice and consent to ratification agreed to in Senate by Division Vote.