In Case You Missed It: Corker on MSNBC Questions Lack of Accountability for State Department Officials Involved in Benghazi Failures
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
WASHINGTON – Discussing the administration’s response to the Benghazi attacks on MSNBC, U.S. Senator Bob Corker, R-Tenn., ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, today said he wants to know why four State Department officials are still receiving full pay after being involved in security failures that contributed to the deadly attacks last year.
“They’re sitting at home with full pay. Americans all across our country are unemployed…There’s been no accountability, and I just don’t think it bodes well to know that people made some mistakes -- and candidly mistakes that cost people's lives – and there's nothing happening. I think that’s an issue that does need to get resolved,” said Corker.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government reform is holding a hearing today on the Benghazi attacks that includes testimony from key State Department officials with firsthand knowledge of the actions taken by the administration before, during and after the attacks.